27 August 2010

Weekend Kneeler Jeopardy



Happy Feast Day of St. Monica!

Here's a question in four parts. I think Chris and AA could get several, but can they get all of them?

Category: In the cards

Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history. Who do the spades, clubs, hearts and diamonds represent.

St. Alex says, please place your answer in the form of a question in the combox, and say a few Hail Marys while you wait for the answer to be revealed.

Demerits for using Google and other sneaky searches. Educated guesses are welcome and encouraged. Good luck!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Feast of St. M.

Suggestion - check out the cool podcast of Sr. Monica, a Franciscan novice, painting an icon of her favorite saint (guess who)

http://www.youtube.com/user/calledtobeFranciscan

Anonymous said...

hearts - Louis IX of France
diamonds - Ferdinand of Portugal
spade - Henry VIII of England
club - Charlemagne

Unknown said...

I agree with Anonymous

Brooke
http://www.momentsofelegance.com

Anonymous said...

Belated happy Feast Day. Hope you had a good'un.

Artsdeco said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Solid Rock or Sinking Sand said...

I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. I would like to invite you to come over to my blog and check it out. God bless, Lloyd

swissmiss said...

Anon: Will have to check out the video. Have been busy this week, so after the weekend!

Anon: I think you get the WKJ since, although those weren't the answers I was thinking of, I looked on the internet and there were oodles of differences. So, am declaring you the winner!! Congrats!! Enjoy the highly coveted WKJ award!!
LLoyd: Thanks for visiting my blog. I checked into your blog, but as a Catholic, I enjoy the fullness of the Faith and welcome you to come this way!